We congratulate Coach Dan Mullen, the coaches and the players on a great season and a New Year's Day bowl berth. In a couple of weeks, thousands of Bulldog fans dressed in maroon and white will invade Jacksonville and cheer our Dawgs on to victory in the 2011 Progressive Gator Bowl against the University of Michigan Wolverines.
As we prepare for our "Full Throttle Bowl Game," we want to share with you detailed information about the two events sponsored by the Office of the President, Foundation, Bulldog Club, Student Association, and Alumni Association, as well as general information about the Gator Bowl. Bulldog New Year's Eve Celebration
Friday, December 31
8 p.m. - 2 a.m.
River City Brewing Company
835 Museum Circle (at Friendship Park)
Jacksonville, FL 32207
View aerial/bird's eye image - Mapquest
- The doors to River City Brewing Company will open at 8 p.m. The cost to join our Bulldog exclusive New Year's Eve Celebration will be $10 per person, cash only. This is a change from previous information we sent out indicating that the cost will be $20, all inclusive. This $10 entrance fee that will now be charged will not include food or soft drinks, however these will be available for purchase. We expect to have a huge crowd at this event, and we want as many Bulldog fans as possible to be able to attend. With this change, we will now be able to use more of the outdoor areas at River City, allowing more fans to be with us and creating what will truly be a MSU New Year's Eve "Block Party." We are doing all we can to try not to turn away anyone who wants to attend. Tickets will still only be sold at the door on New Year's Eve. Please be sure to have cash and your ID out to show in order to keep lines moving as quickly as possible. All ages are welcome. A wristband or a hand stamp will be given to individuals 21 years of age or over, and a separate one for those under the age of 21.
- Cash bars will be available to guests 21 years of age or over. To ensure faster service, cash transactions are preferred, but credit cards will be accepted.
- Tables and chairs will be available both inside the lounge and on the outdoor decks. DJ's will provide the music.
- Since a large portion of this venue is outside and along St. John's River, please check the weather in case you will need warmer clothing. Even though we will be in Florida, the temperature could be cooler along the river.
- We will have party favors, "Beat Michigan" stickers, and lots of maroon and white items all over River City Brewing Company.
- Around 10 or 10:30 p.m., members of the Famous Maroon Band and MSU Cheerleaders will take the stage to help ring in the New Year, Bulldog style.
- At midnight, the City of Jacksonville will have a fireworks show on St. John's River and our view from River City will be spectacular.
- Self-parking and valet parking are available at River City. Self-parking is available all around Friendship Park.
Pre-Game Tailgate and Pep Rally
Saturday, January 1
10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Jacksonville Expo Center at the Fairgrounds
Exhibit Hall A
501 Fairgrounds Place (corners of E. Duval St., Franklin St. and E. Beaver St.)
west of EverBank Field
View aerial/bird's eye image - Mapquest
- The doors to the Jacksonville Expo Center will open at 10 a.m., with seating for 1,500 and standing room for more. Entrance into this facility, which is a short walk to EverBank Field, is $15 per person, cash or check only, payable at the door. Cost for children age 12 and younger is $5. Tickets will not be sold in advance. Checks should be made out to the MSU Alumni Association. Admission into this pre-game tailgate and pep rally includes a fried chicken/BBQ pork buffet with all the trimmings, lemonade and ice tea. Cash bars will also be set up.
- Food has been ordered for 2,000 people, and we will serve until we run out. We encourage you to arrive early and enjoy this great meal and all the pre-game festivities with other Bulldog fans.
- At 11 a.m., we will have a pep rally with the Famous Maroon Band and MSU Cheerleaders.
- We will have music, pom poms, "Beat Michigan" stickers, face painting, and treats for the kids.
- Bully, our four-legged beloved bulldog, will be available for pictures from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Please bring your own camera.
- Alumni Delegates will be on hand to welcome you to this event and provide assistance in whatever way possible.
Our MSU family is excited and eager to do all we can to support our Bulldogs. And, as you know, cowbells are welcome into the stadium and to all of our pre-game events, so bring 'em and ring 'em!
You also don't want to miss these New Year's Eve events sponsored by the Gator Bowl Association2010 Gator Bowl Parade
Friday, December 31 3 p.m.
Broadcast on Comcast
Special reserved parade seats will allow you to watch the parade in style! The reserved seats will give you a comfortable and up close view of colorful floats, exciting specialty units and marching bands from across the country. Reserved seating can be purchased for $10 each through the Gator Bowl Association www.gatorbowl.com/events_parade.php
. SEC vs. Big Ten: The Battle for Band Supremacy
Friday, December 316 p.m.
Coastline Drive between Market and Liberty Streets
Presented by Aetna
Followed by Live Entertainment, Food and Beverage Vendors
7 p.m. along the Northbank RiverfrontMap of Parade Route and Battle of the Bands
Special Offer for BulldogsGolf at TPC Sawgrass
Monday, December 27 - Friday, January 7
TPC Sawgrass would like to welcome alumni and friends of Mississippi State with a special rate on golf. Here's a great opportunity to golf at the home of THE PLAYERS Championship, birthplace of the TPC Network, and backdrop to the PGA TOUR headquarters.
Starting times may be booked up to 14 days in advance and are based on availability. Call 904.273.3430 to book a starting time.
THE PLAYERS Stadium Course: $275 per person - Save $100 off the $375 guest fee
Dye's Valley Course: $130 per person - Save $65 off the $195 guest fee
110 Championship Way
Ponte Vedra Beach, FLwww.tpc.com/TPCSawgrass.aspx
MSU Gator Bowl Gameday Information - www.mstateathletics.com/gameday
Gator Bowl info - www.gatorbowl.com
Gator Bowl Fan Guide (includes maps) - www.gatorbowl.com/images/_pdfs/2010FanGuide.pdf
Visit Jacksonville - www.visitjacksonville.com
Jacksonville Events - www.jaxevents.com
Downtown Map of all Events - Map
Can't make it to Jacksonville?
Look for game-watch gatherings in your area. Information will be at:www.alumni.msstate.edu/tv