Alumni Delegates are ambassadors of Mississippi State University, serving as liaisons between its 137,000 living alumni and more than 22,000 current students. Delegates are student leaders preparing to be alumni leaders. They assist the Alumni Association, the University Foundation, and the President’s Office in hosting official guests to campus and welcoming alumni.
- Have and maintain a minimum overall grade-point average of 2.5.
- Be able to attend a one hour, weekly meeting at 4 p.m. every Thursday.
- Be able to commit to an office hour as requested (not more than one hour per week) by the Alumni Delegates Executive Committee.
- Be able to attend a weekend retreat at the beginning of each fall semester.
- Be able to assist with alumni and university sponsored events, including but not limited to, the Alumni Association’s Awards Banquet & Leadership Conference, Alumni Reunions, football tailgates, men’s and women’s basketball games, the president’s pre-game buffet, alumni tours, volunteer appreciation, and more.
- Be able to serve on Alumni Delegate committees including the Tuition Drawing, Senior Celebration, Membership Recruitment, the Bucket List and more.
The deadline to submit this application is 5 p.m. CST on March 10.
*There is a required general interest meeting on March 21, at 4 p.m. in the Hunter Henry Center.