Distinguished Service Awards
2016 Award Recipients
|(L-R) John H. "Johnny" Baker; John M. Walley Jr.; Sonja Murphy Moseley
- John H. "Johnny Baker - Columbus, Mississippi
- John M. Walley Jr. - Round Rock, Texas
- Sonja Murphy Moseley - Alpharetta, Georgia
Click here for video.
The Distinguished Service Award programs seeks to identify, recognize, and award:
- Those individual members of the Alumni Association who go beyond the call of duty in carrying out the work of the Alumni Association through their local chapter, and in so doing bring favorable recognition to the Association and to Mississippi State University.
- Those rare individuals who stand ready to serve in the best interest of Mississippi State and the Alumni Association.
- Those who take the initiative to see that various chapter alumni activities, membership drives, and other University projects are successfully carried out.
- Those who continually promote Mississippi State by encouraging youngsters to visit the University and to enroll.
- Those who do such things because of their love for Mississippi State.
Nominations may be made by any alumnus or chapter and should be submitted to the Coordinator of Chapter Programs by November 1 of each year. Nomination forms will be made available each year to all alumni chapters and also can be obtained from the Alumni Office. Nominees must be placed in formal nomination each year. Recipients are recognized at the annual Alumni Awards Banquet.
Distinguished Service Nomination Form (PDF)